Monday 20 April 2015

The Maze Runner Trilogy



The Maze Runner (Trilogy) By: James Dashner
✮✮✮✮
Synopsis

The series starts off with a boy named Thomas who is sent up the "lift". He's brought into a new world called the Glade. 

In the Glade, there are only boys - boys with no memory except their own names. What keeps the Gladers inside are colossal stone walls and what's behind the walls is an inescapable wavering maze. Members of the Glade have sent "runners" to find an escape through the maze, but no one has made it out of the maze alive. 

But then everything changes when a girl is brought up the lift. The first girl ever. And the chase officially begins.

Thoughts

Let's start from the first book, shall we? I honestly thought that "The Maze Runner" was amazing! I couldn't put the book down, it was an absolute page turner. I personally enjoy books that are told in third person and when the story follows a male protagonist. 

Just the whole idea of "The Maze Runner" is so creative and imaginative, plus I couldn't help but laugh throughout the book. All of the characters are so enjoyable; you really get attached to them. There are twists and cliffhangers that make your jaw drop to the floor, but there are also moments where you want to chuck the book across the room. At one point, I actually enjoyed this series more than the Hunger Games. But, that's when I only read the first book. 

Onto the second and third book, the only thing that I have to say is. It dragged on unnecessarily. I thought it was just fillers on top of fillers on top of fillers. Once I reached the end, I told myself "Wow, that was it. After all of that." From the beginning, I was completely head over heels over this series. But by the time I reached the end of the Death Cure, I lost the WOW factor.

Overall, I loved The Maze Runner it's a great story. But personally, I think that this series could've been written into one book.



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird
Tiny Hand